Intentional Therapy focuses on the premise that we intrinsically move toward things that are good for us. If we tune into our emotions wisely, and have support in recovering from illness and dysfunction —we can achieve a state of ease and wellness that we are all meant to have.
Beyond mental wellness, there are aspects of the human condition that cause us to ask questions about ourselves, our relationships, our careers, our hobbies, our lives … our purpose.
Tenets of Intentional Living
- Human nature at its core is good and whole.
- Humans are evolving more capacities to become a kinder, gentler, more aware species.
- Given someone’s personal experience, what they do makes sense (even if it is ineffective or problematic at times).
- We all have access to an inner wisdom cultivated through personal reflection, self-knowledge, and mindfulness.
- Our emotions provide us valuable information to align with our purpose
- Each individual living intentionally in wellness affects the collective movement toward consciousness.
- We need to process our experiences to move through them.
- We all have the capacity to affect positive change in our lives and the lives of others.
- All persons have inherent value and a unique intrinsic drive toward fulfillment and purpose.
- Life can have a sense of lightness and ease if intentionally cultivated.
My private practice is a reflection of my own journey in intentional living. As a clinical therapist and intentional living counselor my wish is to foster genuine, wise reflection in my clients on their path to inner acceptance, personal growth, and a purpose driven life. My intentions in my practice are to have a healing and an enhancing impact on my clients’ lives, living my own pure intentions, and contributing to the advancement of a greater human consciousness.
Other clinical areas of focus:
- Eating disorders
- Substance use and addiction
- Anger issues
I practice several types of therapy including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction